What Will Your ‘Teenager Tinker’ Learn?
Navigating your puppy’s teenage years can be tricky – welcome to the ‘Age of Objection’!
The “Puppy Improvers” course – nicknamed “Teenage Tinkers” – gives you the tools to turn common training challenges into opportunities, and to deepen your bond with your dog.
We concentrate on Loose Lead Walking and Recall as we see these as the major challenges during this turbulent time. Your pup is rushing with hormones, they have a secondary fear phase AND they are still very much learning about the world that society imposes on them…. We give humans at least 18 years of solid learning, but put so much pressure on young dogs to behave in certain ways in just a few short months! Young dogs often take a backward step when they get to this awkward life stage – don’t worry, this is normal!
In this 4 week course, we empathise with our pups and guide them so they can navigate all of this as smoothly as possible. This is not a traditional obedience or agility type class. We strip everything right back and hone our basic skills to an elevated level, whatever that is for you and your dog. This course is about the connection between you and your dog – your connection is the backbone for what you would like to achieve with them.
We have ONLY 4 DOGS in each class.
At the end of the course, you’ll have a stronger partnership with your dog and for your life together. You’ll also receive a certificate & rosette!
What You’ll Learn
- Recall – tighten up recall skills, including recall away from other dogs
- Loose Lead Walking – perfect lead skills amid challenging distractions
- Tips to hone your lead mechanics
- Scentwork – introduction to scent games; harness the power of your dog’s nose!
- “Freework” – to develop a stronger but more relaxed connection with your pup
- £99 – Training Course ONLY. That’s less than £25 per class!
- £149 – 60min Puppy Home Visit – WeekDAY – + Training Course. Includes 1hr private training session at your home (or a park walk) on a weekday plus 4 week group training course.*
- £159 – 75min Puppy Home Visit – WeekDAY – + Training course. Includes 75min private training session at your home (or park walk) on a weekend, plus 4 week group training course. Our bestseller!*
- £159 – 60min Puppy Home Visit – WeekEND – + Training course. Includes 1hr private training session at your home (or park walk) on a weekend, plus 4 week group training course.*
- £169 – 75min Puppy Home Visit – WeekEND – + Training course. Includes 75min private training session at your home (or park walk) on a weekend, plus 4 week group training course.*
* Prices are based on locations within 5 miles of Cheltenham. Locations beyond this are possible but will incur an additional ‘time & travel’ charge.
Where & When:
- Saturday @ 3.30pm OR…
- Saturday @ 4.45pm
The Cotswold RDA, located on Cheltenham Race Course, Prestbury Park, Cheltenham GL50 4SH. Map here: Cotswold RDA – Google Maps
These classes are taught by Helen Baker, an experienced Positive Reinforcement Trainer
To book either course, please click here for the online Registration form. Once we have received your form, we’ll be in touch to complete the booking process for you and your dog!